Sunday, October 27, 2013

Um...KCW Day 3, 4, 5, 6 & 7!

Not as I planned of course, but here are the fruits of my five-day effort.

Ok, first up, two pairs of shorts using the Kids Shorts by Made pattern.

Car Dots in Grey by Kokka


Echino Car Box in Chocolate

An Oliver + S reversible bucket hat...





and a Oliver + S Sailboat Top...


Kiyohara Cotton Linen Blend Solid in Blue
Put it all together and you have one matched kid!





The jury is still out on these outfits. I can't put my finger on it but I think it might be too much matching for me. The shirt and the shorts together are great...



and the shorts and hat together with a t-shirt is good.



All this is moot though as the hat does not fit! I measured J's head and used the Size Large pattern, sewed it up and, it is a no go. Very frustrating as I love it, it looks great and more importantly, I don't have enough fabric to make another one!
I will have to check my measurements and see what went wrong.

I also made this little lady for one of J's little friend's 3rd birthday. This is Violet and her pattern comes in the great book, Hop Skip Jump, by Fiona Dalton.  It counts for Kids Clothes Week, right?



Time to get some sleep!


No comments:

Post a Comment