Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Josephine x 2

Still here, still sewing...

The Josephine Tunic & Blouse pattern by Made by Rae sewing patterns caught my eye when it first appeared with its cute details and flattering shape. This first version is made from black with white polka dot seersucker purchased from Potters Textiles. I cut the blouse version, xxl size with the C/D cup and lengthened the hem by 2 inches.

The elastic casing on the back creates a nice empire dress shape.

The pintucks add an interesting detail, even on this busy polka dot print. 

For my second Josephine, I used a printed linen, again from Potters Textiles. This print is pretty wacky for me but I really liked the colours and am trying to be a little more adventurous with my fabric choices. 

Ironing effort is undone with one sit down and one bending of the arms.

I cut the tunic length for this one in the same size as previous version and omitted the elastic casing. 

The shape of the sleeve and the hem did not look quite right in this linen so I decided to narrow the sleeves and change the hem to be like the Grainline Archer shirt (View B). 

I am really happy with the shape of this top and will explore this pattern mash-up in my next Josephine further.

Top in real life pictured below...


  1. Beautiful version of Jesephine. I am printing the pattern now and looking for inspiration, love yours!

    1. Thank you! I'm planning on making another one soon :)

  2. These are both very pretty! Love your fabric choices, and the hemline in the second.